SAFTEA F.A.S.T. Shotgun
The goal of the Second Amendment Firearms Training & Education Association “F.A.S.T Shotgun” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of Shotgun "Fundamentals and Safety Training" on your specific Shotgun, a basic understanding of ammunition and how it functions as well as shooting fundamentals.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the safe use of a firearm – in this case a Shotgun. F.A.S.T Shotgun is specifically designed to provide a person new to Shotguns the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn the basics of operation, cleaning and maintenance, safety and much more in a convenient 4 hour course. “F.A.S.T Shotgun” is also meant as an introductory course for students new to shotguns prior to taking SAFTEA Defensive Shotgun 1.
SHOOT NJ provides everything you that you need for this class: Light breakfast, lunch, coffee, water, manuals, range fees, ammunition, use of our firearms, targets, hearing and sight protection.
A number of topics will be covered in “F.A.S.T Shotgun”. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Gun Safety Rules
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a your Shotgun
- Operation of your Shotgun
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Clearing Common Shotgun Stoppages
- Selecting a Shotgun and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Shotgun
- Comfortable clothing
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants (Below knee)
- Shirt With Higher Collar or tight neck (Nothing low cut)
- Baseball Cap (recommended)
- Dress for outside seasonal weather
- Can I bring my own firearm? Yes, but you must use your own ammo. (Insurance)
- Can I bring a friend/wife/children to watch? No (Insurance)
- Can I bring my own food? Yes, we have a refrigerator and micro wave.
- Can a minor attend a class? Yes, a paying parent or guardian must also attend.
- What is the minimum age for a minor to attend? 10 years old is the ranges minimum age.
- Can I bring my dog? No, unless it is a well-trained service dog. Service Dog Page
Classes are removed once they are full or at the cut off date: